10 Tips for Installing Laminate Flooring
1. Determine if the Room is Square Before Installing Flooring.
2. Wear Gel-Filled Knee Pads for Floor Installation.
3. Use the Proper Tape for Laminate Flooring.
4. Start with a Smooth Subfloor.
5. Use a Laminate Shear to Cut Flooring.
6. Start Installing on the Wall with the Most Doors.
7. Get the First Row of Laminate Flooring Right.
8. Use a Piece of Scrap with a Tapping Block.
9. Snap a Whole Row of Laminate Flooring at Once.
10. Use Transition Strips Under Doors.
Beware of Heavy Furniture on Laminate Flooring
Heavy furniture like a pool table or a fully loaded bookshelf can pin down the laminate, causing it to either push up as it expands or separate as it contracts.